The Scheme is funded by Telford & Wrekin Council.
The Get Active Telford Grant Scheme is a one off monetary award to support local sporting, physical activity, dance and mass participation events/activities or taster/start up sessions in the borough of Telford and Wrekin supporting people to 'Get active'.
The scheme aims to:
- support, motivate and engage local people in sport and physical activity
- support a new or existing mass participation sporting/physical activity event/activity or taster/start up session within Telford and Wrekin
- target new and/or inactive participants to take part in sport and physical activity sessions – please note funding does not have to be used for a one off event and could be used for:
- a number of activities taking place across Telford and Wrekin on the same day; or
- a series of sessions leading to a larger event/session in particular those that build people’s confidence and ability to participate in more regular activity.
- help to build capacity through developing local leaders and networks
- sustain ongoing participation activity as a result of mass participation event/activity or taster/start up session.
The scheme will provide grants of up to £5,000 per event – (a minimum of 10% in-kind match funding is required for any grant over £2,500).
Guidance for organising and holding events can be viewed in our community event toolkit.