The purpose of the Health and Wellbeing Board is to ensure that the Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group work effectively together in planning health and social care services to improve health and wellbeing in Telford and Wrekin.
The Board, through its terms of reference located in the Council's constitution (p11), has specific responsibility for:
- ongoing development of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- developing a high-level, all age, Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- establishment of sound joint commissioning arrangements
- maintaining effective relationships between the Health Scrutiny Committee and other partnerships
- Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA)
Priorities and strategy
The Health and Wellbeing Board has reviewed its strategy and priorities for 2016-2019 – the Health and Wellbeing Strategy includes priorities for its work over the coming three years. In developing its priorities and strategy, the Board has taken account of feedback received from local people in response to the ‘Are you Healthy, Safe and Independent’ survey as well as considering local data about services and community needs.
The strategy and priorities were shared for comment with partners and stakeholders as well as members of the public who were asked what they would want to see change as a result of the priorities and how they and their communities could contribute.
The three cross-cutting priorities where the Board wants to make the fastest progress are:
- Encourage healthier lifestyles
- Improve mental wellbeing and mental health
- Strengthen our communities and community based support