Working in Partnership - Co-operative Commission
Being a Co-operative Council is about us working together with our residents, partners and local organisations to collectively deliver the best we can for Telford and Wrekin with the combined resources we have.
We understand the need to involve others in developing our co-operative approach, and to achieve this, in September 2011 we set up a Co-operative Commission, made up of community and business leaders, Council officers and Councillors. View the list of Co-operative Commission members.
The Commission identified five themes to focus on, and developed recommendations for how we can work together more co-operatively to make a difference in the community. You can view the recommendations for each theme below:
- Co-operative values and communication
- Employment, skills and the economy (this is now called 'Employment and Skills)
- Commissioning and procurement
- Volunteering (this is now called 'Civic Pride and Volunteering)
- Image of Telford and Wrekin (this is now called 'Economy and Image)
All recommendations were agreed by Cabinet at the end of March 2012 and the Commission sub groups are working together to implement these. Some early progress includes:
- Adopting Co-operative Values and promoting these to our employees and the community
- Developing a Business Charter
- Promoting Volunteering as part of National Volunteer Week (June 2012)
The Commission met again on 12 October 2012 to review progress and the impact that their work has had.
The Commission last met in February 2013 to discuss and raise awareness of the key issues and challenges facing our community in order to identify future areas for targeted Co-operative working in 2013/14. View the presentation from the event.
If you have any questions about the Commission, please contact:
- Councillor Shaun Davies - Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood Services, Employment and Skills. Telephone number: 01952 383004, email@example.com; or
- Richard Partington - Managing Director, Telford & Wrekin Council. Telephone number: 01952 380130, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com
Last updated 31/05/2013
How do you rate this page?
Address: Delivery Team
Telford & Wrekin Council