We are delighted as part of our celebratory services to conduct citizenship ceremonies for new citizens living or working within Telford and Wrekin. Please contact the Home Office to ensure you are eligible for citizenship before contacting us.
Nationality Checking Service (NCS)
The NCS is a partnership between the Home Office (UK Visas and Immigration) and local councils in England and Wales. This partnership allows you to apply for British citizenship in person at your local Register Office, and allows us to submit your application forms directly to the Home Office on your behalf.
You have the choice to use the NCS at our Register Office, another Council's Register Office or other agents such as solicitors, or alternatively you can deal with the Home Office directly.
If applying for NCS you must satisfy the following criteria:
- you must have an appropriate residential qualification dependant of the section of the Immigration Act under which they are applying
- you must have settled status in the United Kingdom
- you must meet the language/life in the UK requirement
The benefits of using the NCS are:
- this service will help simplify the citizenship application process (there is a fee)
- valuable documents will be photocopied and certified at the Register Office, allowing you to keep your passports and important documents rather than sending them through to the Home Office
- specially trained staff will check and ensure that applications are completed correctly first time
NCS appointment fees
|Type of application||Chargeable fee (including VAT)|
|Adult who submits a single application||£65|
|Husband and wife living together who apply at the same time||£100|
|Husband and wife (and up to two children)||£130|
|Additional children on Parents' application||£30 per child|
|Children under the age of 18 who apply separately from their parents||£65 per child|
Arranging a citizenship ceremony
If you want us to provide NCS and/or perform your citizenship ceremony you can book an appointment by calling 01952 382444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org