Education Business Links Services (formerly Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Education Business Partnership) provide a health and safety assessment and approval service for education and training providers whose learners undertake a work experience placement.
This service is available on a subscription basis, renewable annually. The 'package' below is included in the subscription cost, and we are happy to discuss additional bespoke activities and requests to suit individual organisational requirements: for example for Work related learning activities and inter-active Employability Skills workshops.
- Assessment of potential Work Experience placements (block, extended and 16+) for your students to ensure they meet Health and Safety requirements in accordance with Local Authority and national guidelines.
- Briefings to new Work Experience co-ordinators and support staff on good practice.
- Interactive presentations to students to enhance awareness of Health and Safety issues on Work Experience.
- Annual work experience Conference.
- Facilitation of Work Experience good practice meetings every term.
- An Annual Work Experience review with your school.
- Work Experience diaries (Mainstream and Special Educational Needs (SEN)).
- Work Experience certificates.
- Extended Work Experience placements.
- Access to Employers interested in being School Governors.
- Access to Employers who will visit schools for talks.
- Access to Employers who offer Apprenticeships.
- Access to Employers open for School visits.
- Presentations to groups of students on the following:
- Preparing for Work Experience
- Top tips on Work Experience
- Staying safe on Work Experience
- Letter writing for Work Experience
For further information or to discuss your requirements please contact Karen Harrison; Youth Employment Support Team Leader on 01952 388831 or Elaine Miller; Education Business Links Officer on 01952 388609.
We also provide a Primary School Programme offering a number of fun, educational activities and inter-active challenges for all Key Stage 1 and 2 students.
All our activities have been designed to address the Every Child Matters key outcomes and help support the delivery of a school's community cohesion policy and creative curriculum.
View our Primary School Programme.