Some websites are offering to assist with Blue Badge Applications and charge a fee of around £50. Please note that you should only complete the “official application” which is available through the link below at a cost of £10
Please use our online form to apply or renew.
Your Blue Badge
Once you complete your online application you will be given a tracking reference number. Please email your tracking reference number, name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org along with with the following documents:
- proof of eligibility
- proof of your identity
- proof of address
- a recent passport style photograph (if you haven’t already uploaded via the online form).
What happens next?
We will contact you within 10 working days from when you submit your application to:
- tell you your application has been successful
- ask you to attend a mobility assessment
- ask you to provide further documentation
- tell you if your application has been un-successful (explaining the reasons why your application has not been approved).
If you application is successful you will receive your badge around 5-7 days after submission.
- A Blue Badge is normally valid for 3 years and costs £10.
- You can pay for your Blue Badge when you apply online.
- Alternatively you can pay over the phone once your application has been approved.
You can renew your badge online up to 10 weeks before you old one expires however we will also send you a reminder letter. Please remember to inform us if you change address.
Once you have completed your online application remember to email your tracking reference number, name and address to email@example.com along with the relevant proof.
Proof of eligibility
- A letter dated within the last 12 months which shows entitlement to either the High Rate Component of Disability Living Allowance - Mobility; or
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) letter which shows 8 points or more of the “moving around” mobility component of PIP (Please provide all pages of your award letter which shows the number of points you have been awarded for the “moving around” mobility component of PIP); or
- Proof of being registered blind - registration card; or
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement; or
- Proof of lump sum benefit from armed forces compensation payment (within tariff levels 1-8).
Proof of identity
- An original birth or adoption certificate, marriage or divorce certificate.
- Or a valid photo card, driving licence or passport.
Proof of address:
- a council tax or utility bill; or
- a benefit award letter; or
- a letter from a hospital addressed to you at your home and dated within the last 12 months.
A digital photograph of the full head of the badge holder facing forward looking straight at the camera (without any other person visible) is required and must be:
- in colour
- in a JPG or GIF document format
- maximum size of the image is 200KB
- taken within the last 12 months
- free from redeye, shadows, reflections or glare from spectacles
- in sharp focus and clear.