First Point Telford has moved!

First Point Telford has moved to the new Southwater One building, in the heart of the Southwater development. Southwater One is also the home for the new Southwater Library.

View more details including the location of Southwater One.

Home Improvement Agency

About the Home Improvement Agency

Hands protecting a house

Our Home Improvement Agency (HIA) offers a host of services to help Telford and Wrekin homeowners and private tenants remain safe, secure, comfortable and independent in their own homes.

Our help is usually called for when someone has a problem with their house. This might be because of a need for repairs, adaptations, or improvements. It could also be because normal activities such as using the bath or getting upstairs have become difficult.

Perhaps you have been told that something needs attention but you need independent advice or the reassurance of a second opinion. We specialise in helping people who are over 60 or disabled.

If you live in the Borough and you have a substantial physical disability or have difficulty living in your home due to mobility difficulties or your disability, you may qualify for an adaptation to your home.  To make an enquiry you need to call the Occupational Therapist on 01952 381280 for a home visit to see how you manage in your home and to discuss your needs.  The Occupational Therapist will assess your needs and give advice on how they can best be met.  If you do need adaptations they will then refer you onto the Home Improvement Agency to see if you are eligible for a Disabled Facility Grant.

For more information, please visit the My Life section of the Council's website.

Last updated 24/06/2013

How do you rate this page?

Home Improvement Agency

Address: Telford & Wrekin Council
PO BOX 457
Wellington Civic Offices
Post code for Sat Nav: TF1 1LX

Tel: 01952 381855


New for you graphic

Information on...