Website Improvements

We are currently developing the website to improve our information, the way you can find information and to deliver more services online allowing you to access those services in a way that suits you.

View details of the location of Southwater One - the home of our new First Point and library.

Applying for a closure on the highway

Road and footpath closures for work on the highway

Telford & Wrekin Council will only agree to a highway closure if no other feasible solution can be found.  You will not be granted a temporary highway closure to locate site accommodation or store materials on the highway.

You must ensure that delays are minimised and whenever practical you must:

  • Maximise the working day e.g. working 24 hours/7 days a week
  • Avoid closing the road at peak times
  • Use traffic control to create lane closures rather than full road closures
  • Use a suitable diversion route

Please ensure that you read the guidance notes fully before you begin the application forms.

Application forms for a highway closure for works on the highway

We will aim to respond to your application within 10 working days If you have not had a response within this time, please contact us.

Section 50
Works on the highway require a Section 50 licence.  You will need to apply for this licence before you begin any work.  You will then also need to complete an application form to close the road.  For further information view information on Section 50 applications.

Section 58
Work is not allowed on some roads in the Borough due to Section 58 restrictions.  Please check with the Highways Team that the highway you wish to work on is not included in this list before you begin your application.

Last updated 16/01/2013

How do you rate this page?

Traffic Management

Address: Telford & Wrekin Council
Darby House
Lawn Central

Tel: 01952 384000


News for you graphic

Information on...