Telford & Wrekin Council Tax Benefit support
Our Welfare benefits officer can advise what benefits you are entitled to and how to apply. Contact us by calling: 01952 380604.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
DLA for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child.

Personal Independence Payments (DLA post 16yrs)
PIP helps towards some of the extra costs arising from a long term ill-health condition or disability and is based on how a person’s condition affects them, not the condition they have. It is not means-tested or subject to tax and it is payable to people who are both in and out of work.

Carers allowance
Carer’s Allowance is £61.35 a week to help you look after someone with substantial caring needs. You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for. You must be 16 or over and spend at least 35 hours a week caring for them. View how to claim.

Blue Badge Parking permit
The Blue Badge scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties who travel either as drivers or passengers. View more information.

Free School Meals
Free School Meals are available at schools within Telford and Wrekin for children whose parent(s) satisfy certain criteria in respect of their income or benefits. View more information.

Housing Benefit
If you are on a low income, whether you are working or not, and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit. View more information.

Concessionary Travel
The Telford and Wrekin Concessionary Travel Scheme offers a number of different travel opportunities for residents who are age eligible, or people with disabilities who qualify under certain criteria. View more information.

How do you rate this page?