Improvements in your area: Haygate Ward
In July 2016 the council received a petition regarding the poor condition of the roads and footpaths on and around Hollies Road and Orleton Lane in Wellington. Following on from this the local ward member, Councillor Graham Cook engaged with council officers to understand the issues and determine potential solutions. Following extensive feasibility and design work I am pleased to confirm that the council has committed to a significantly large investment of over £600,000 to deliver improvements in 2018.
We are intending to commence this major highways improvement project in September of this year and are expecting to complete by mid-December. The council has been coordinating with housing developers already working in the area to ensure that all the utility connections such as Severn Trent are completed prior to commencement of the highways improvement works.
The improvement project will consist of the following works
- Resurfacing and reconstruction of all the roads and footpaths along Hollies Road, Orleton Lane, Cranage Crescent and Steventon Road. This will include kerb replacements where required.
- Drainage repairs and reshaping of the road on Orleton Lane.
- Replacement of the existing traffic calming measures with speed cushions along Hollies Road and Orleton Lane.
- All of the signs and ironwork within the abovementioned roads will be replaced.
- A Permanent weight restriction for through traffic (Hollies Road and Orleton Lane) will be imposed.
- Spring Hill will be resurfaced between the roundabout and the Orleton Lane junction.
The project will be taking place under road closures, consisting of several phases throughout the site. The closures are to be phased and managed in order to minimise disruption to local residents and businesses and we thank you in advance for your patience and apologise for inconvenience caused whilst we make these improvements. A map to show these phases can be found below:
We have arranged a public information session to take place on Friday 3 August 2018 between the hours of 2pm and 8pm at the Hesba Close Communal Centre, in order to provide residents and local stakeholders the opportunity to speak to the team delivering these works and to view the plans. A digital copy of the plans can be found below:
- scheme design plan - Hollies Road and Orleton Lane
- scheme design plan - Spring Hill
- scheme design plan - Steventon Road and Cranage Crescent
- scheme design plan - Hollies Road.