Your application may go to Planning Committee, a committee of members, if any of the following apply:
- a proposal that involves the Council as either applicant or landowner (or has a financial interest) and the proposal is a major application (residential – 10 or more units, development over 0.5 ha or non residential – creation of 1,000m2 gross floor area/development over 1ha excluding reserved matters applications)
- if submitted by or on behalf of Assistant Director or above or an elected member
- if formally requested by the relevant Ward Member or relevant Parish Council
- if a departure from policy and officers are recommending approval
- if a S106 relating to new financial contributions/affordable housing provision
- the number and nature of representations from the public against officer recommendation is, in the opinion of the Service Delivery Manager - Development Management and/or Area Planning Officer, sufficient to require that the application should be determined by Planning Committee.
To find out if an application is to be considered by Planning Committee it is your responsibility to check, via the online planning file, or by contacting 01952 380380. You will not be automatically informed.
An officer prepares a report and makes a recommendation to committee, which is available 5 working days prior to the meeting. Further representations are permitted by members of the public up until 24 hours prior to committee and these must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and labelled ‘Urgent for planning committee’. Representations made after this time may not be reported.
On occasions a site visit is conducted by the members of committee. Whilst members of the public are permitted to attend the visit, no engagement or debate is allowed as this would prejudice the predetermination of the application.
Planning Committee is a meeting held in public where public speaking allows for some representations to be made for a period of 3 minutes. If you wish to speak you need to register your interest no later than 5pm, 2 working days before the meeting. To register your interest please contact Democratic Services via email at PublicSpeaking@telford.gov.uk, by telephone on 01952 383205 or by letter to Democratic Services, Telford & Wrekin Council, Addenbrooke House, Ironmasters Way, Telford, TF3 4NT. See further guidance about speaking at Planning Committee.
Planning Committee comprises of a Chair, a Vice Chair and 8 other Borough Councillors. The Planning Committee meets on a three week cycle. Details of dates, time and place is available at planning online.