Blogs allow our residents to tell us what they think on important issues, and it is a great place to suggest ideas and comment on the topic of the blog you have just read.
When posting on our blogs, please observe the following:
Be nice: even if you disagree with someone, you need to keep your tone civil and reasonable
Stay on topic: please keep discussions relevant to each topic and avoid multiple topic posts
Don't spam: show restraint with your posting frequency
Respect the staff: we will try very hard to answer everyone's questions, but please bear with us
Telford & Wrekin Council encourages debate and discussion on its blogs. However, to ensure that these environments remain relevant and safe, comments will be moderated in line with the below rules.
Please note that blog comments are pre-moderated and there may be a delay in your post appearing on the blog, but it should appear as soon as possible, so long as it:
- is relevant to the topic and reasonably concise
- is respectful, and not malicious or offensive
- doesn't include swearing or obscenity
- doesn't include personal/sensitive information about any individual
- isn't libellous, or breaks the law in other ways
- doesn't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality
- doesn't advertise products and services, or constitute spamming of our website
- doesn't falsely claim to be or represent a person or organisation
- doesn't engage in party political point-scoring
- isn't in a language other than English.
If your comments do not appear on the site, or is removed, it means that the blog team feel that the contribution does not comply with the participation guidelines listed above.
If you have a query about why your contribution has not appeared/disappeared on the site, our participation guidelines or approach to moderation, please contact us at email@example.com
If you find a comment on our blog that breaches this policy then please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any comments made are the author's opinion alone and do not represent those of Telford & Wrekin Council.
Telford & Wrekin Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.
The blog's author will when appropriate try to respond to comments added within a 24 hours (during the working week); however, we cannot guarantee this.
These guidelines should be adhered to alongside the Terms and conditions of our online channels.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
We would prefer to receive Freedom of Information requests and data protection requests via email or by letter, in order to assist us in giving them a full response. However, we note the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) guidance on the validity of social media as a channel for receiving such requests and will handle them in accordance with that guidance.