What we offer:
We have been delivering professional building related design and maintenance services since 1998. We offer a wide range of services relating to building design and maintenance and primarily operate across the Councils property including public buildings, offices, community centres, pavilions, libraries, leisure centres etc. Our team includes Building Surveyors, Architects, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Asset Managers. Our professional team is well versed in understanding a variety of clients wide ranging needs. We have also completed work for Shropshire Fire Service, Madeley and Donnington Parish Councils. We are keen to offer our services to other schools and organisations.
Why choose us?
We can manage and undertake professional services on your behalf for the whole spectrum of Property Services;
Architectural Services - Our team carries out designs across a whole range of properties and budgets. Recent designs include the new Hub building and public realm works at Southwater, Telford Town Centre, Wellington Civic Centre through to smaller schemes such as Leegomery Local Shops, school extensions etc and even encompassing garage and kitchen extensions to domestic properties.
Project Management Services - Once designed we have the full range of professional skills to ensure delivery on time and to budget. Our Quantity Surveyors will ensure accurate costings throughout and that appropriate building contracts are entered into. Our Building Surveyors and Project Managers will work with you and the contractor to ensure a product fit for purpose. Recent projects range from the refurbishment of Shropshire's Fire and Rescue Headquarters at Shrewsbury, Dawley Town Hall refurbishment, Newport Leisure Centre Fitness Suite extension, Oakengates Limes Walk shops and Theatre refurbishment and Madeley public toilets refurbishment.
Building Maintenance & Asset Management Services - Maintain your existing buildings and plan ongoing maintenance in accordance with current legislation and budgets.
- All works including maintenance activities is specified in accordance with up to date legislation. This can include asbestos management, water testing (legionella, temperature), electrical fixed wiring etc.
- You will be included in contracts with other properties across our portfolio which will offer cost savings achieved from economies of scale.
- We obtain all necessary planning and building regulation approvals on your behalf.
- We take over the day to day worries of dealing with repairs, contractors, market testing, ensuring best value, compliance with legislation, standing orders and financial regulations on your behalf. We operate a help desk and emergency out of hours services that will be accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- All of the contractors that we appoint to work at your organisations will be pre-qualified to ensure they are competent to carry out the works, which we are requesting them to do. Based on risk, contractors are DBS (disclosure and barring service) checked. We have in place contractual arrangements to ensure that contractors attend to response maintenance works within agreed response times.
- We include key performance indicators in contracts and frame work agreements, which assist in delivering the service within the specified terms and drive down unnecessary costs.
- On the larger contracts we are able to encourage the contractors appointed to employ local people, including the taking on of apprentices.
“The transition of building services from Shropshire to Telford & Wrekin Council has been extremely smooth. We have been impressed with the urgency and efficiency that contractors have arrived on site to deal with an issue. In terms of regular, routine maintenance, our Site Manager is always aware of when a contractor is due on site, something that wasn’t always apparent before. The Priory School are pleased with the service provided to date and the customer service has been first class throughout”.
Duncan Wright, Priory School, Shrewsbury, Senior Finance Officer
Charges are dependent on the level of support required – quotations are provided on request.