- Does your group or society make a positive difference to your environment and/or community within Telford and Wrekin?
- Does your group or society make your local community and environment a better place to live and visit?
- Would your group or society benefit from financial support in order to continue the good work you do in your local community?
If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then Veolia might be able to help with their EnviroGrant scheme.
What is the EnviroGrant Scheme and who can apply?
The Telford and Wrekin EnviroGrant Scheme has been set up by Veolia in Telford and Wrekin to help local people improve their environment and / or community with grants of up to £1,000. The EnviroGrant is a fund for the following types of projects or schemes:
- Those which contribute to the protection or improvement of the local environment, either via practical action or promotion and education.
- Those which improve the quality of life for the local community, by providing new facilities or improving those already in existence.
The EnviroGrant is available for properly constituted, not-for-profit local organisations and includes charities, voluntary and community groups, forums, societies and schools. Your team, group or society must be based and work within Telford and Wrekin.
How much can be awarded and what can it be used for?
The fund is aimed at projects requiring up to £1,000. There is a limited amount of money available and consequently applications can only be made to the scheme once per calendar year. Funding can be granted for a variety of projects and activities including promotion and marketing, education and awareness raising, practical equipment and running costs.
Funding is at the discretion of Veolia. The amount granted will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque.
How to apply for funding
The EnviroGrant application form must be fully completed. All applications must be supported by detailed quotes for any planned work, material purchases and/or detailed breakdowns of other planned expenditure. We will contact you to request scanned copies of the quotes once we process your application.
Grants will be awarded twice a year. Please apply before the end of January for grants to be awarded in March and apply before the end of July for grants to be awarded in September. A panel will review applications and will decide the funding of projects one month after the closing date.
Veolia would like to promote projects to which EnviroGrant funding is awarded, as well as the scheme itself. If your application is successful, we will require you to complete a publicity information form, which we will send to you.