The following streets in Apley Castle have received improvements to the road surface through carriageway surface dressing, patching and repairs:
- Wappenshall Road
- Songthrush Close.
Non-illuminated signs and lining
- Two new street name plates have been installed in this ward.
Apley Castle - Councillor Karen Blundell
- Footpath remedial work - £1000.
- Friends of Apley Wood – equipment - £392.
- Friends of Apley Wood – survey equipment - £608.
Improvements to ROW linear path from PRH to Leegomery Centre.
Links to improvements for Walking for Health scheme.
- Councillor informed of project approval in June 2015, project progressing, delivery date to be confirmed.
Bulk collection offers
- Residents with a Telford Loyalty Card will benefit from 10% off Bulk Collections.
- One free bulk collection offer of up to six items per household for borough residents aged 65 and over.
- Residents in receipt of council tax support or housing benefit receives a 25% reduction, paying £13.50. Reference number must be provided when booking.
Everyday Telford App
We have launched our free app - Everyday Telford - to make it easier and quicker for you to report issues in your local area.
Free supply of 1 million dog waste bags
Pride In Your Community has funded the purchase and supply of 1million dog poop bags to provide to residents to support the dog fouling awareness campaign.
Green Brigade Programme
Pride In Your Community offered a free 12 week programme for 16 - 21 year olds at Telford Town Park last October 2014. The programme included training in:
- chainsaw use
- tree pruning and garden design.
Junior Street Champions Accreditation Scheme
Pride In Your Community has joined up with Veolia to offer local schools a junior street champion’s accreditation scheme. Veolia and TWC will provide teachers with a starter pack with all the material to complete the programme. Veolia will go into schools to talk about recycling and litter and TWC will carry out an activity such as street audits for the pupils to complete the scheme. Participating schools will be presented with a plaque once they complete the scheme.
The lining crew will follow the TRS Gang and repair the lining following the TRS Gang repairs.
Minor Works Gang
As part of Pride In Your Community we have Invested in a Minor Works Gang that will be working across the borough carrying out small scale patching works on carriageways and footways.
Social Responsibility Scheme
A borough wide campaign was launched as part of Pride In Your Community which included Keep Britain Tidy events, suggest a bin campaign via the app, dog fouling awareness, ongoing promotion of bulk collection offers and fly tipping awareness campaign.
Street Champions is a volunteer scheme that is part of the Pride In Your Community Programme to encourage residents to take a more active role in their community. Volunteers can sign up using the everyday app or use the street champions online form.
Thermal Repair System (TRS) Gang
As part of the Pride In Your Community programme from 1 April 2014 a TRS Gang has been carrying out pot hole repairs borough wide daily.