The Council’s Budget 2016/2017 has nearly 200 proposed cuts, some will affect you much more than others.
We have identified 32 proposed cuts to services that we think will impact on you, your family, your community or your environment. While we don’t want to make cuts we have no option. However, we will seek to do this in as fair and open and compassionate a way as possible and will make decisions only after involving our staff and residents.
Click on each theme below to see the summary of the budget cut proposals in that area.
- Reduce our road sweeping frequency on some minor roads to once per year
- Changes to litter picking arrangements
- Less enhanced winter maintenance (gritting)
- Changes to chemical weed killing and grass cutting
- Less wildflower and annual planting schemes
- To bring forward by one year planned changes to community recycling centres (CRC)
- Changes to small, household planning applications
- Close old and worn out play areas
- The Town Park Visitor Centre to be closed from November to February
- Reduced public opening hours for Telford Ice Rink during the school day
- Reduced public opening times at Phoenix Sports Centre in Dawley
- Review Hadley Learning Centre (HLC) contract for community leisure access
- No Council funded sports development activities
- Stop providing the Creative Arts Service
We have held back the most significant cuts until 2017 to allow time to explore possible alternatives and consult with the public and service users. View the budget proposals. We would welcome your ideas and suggestions on who could deliver a similar service or how something similar could be delivered.
The budget consultation survey closed at midnight Sunday 7 February. Thank you for giving your views on the budget. More information about the Council's budget will be available in the coming months.
We would like to invite you to visit Your Views Matter where you will find details on the Council’s Community Panel. The Panel gives a number of opportunities for residents to give their views, ideas and comments to the Council on a range of issues and services throughout the year.