As we deliver a wide range of services to local residents and businesses, it is important that we have clear targets to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
We have two plans that help us achieve this:
- Shaping Our Future: Our Journey to 2020 - What the Council and its partners will focus on to 2020
- Medium-term Council Plan - What the Council will deliver 2018/2019 - 2019/2020.
Our vision for the borough is: 'Telford & Wrekin - the place to live, learn, work and do business'.
- protect and support our most vulnerable children and adults
- put our children and young people first
- protect and create jobs as a 'Business Supporting, Business Winning Council'
- improve local people's prospects through education and skills training
- ensure that neighbourhoods are safe, clean and well maintained
- support neighbourhoods most in need and work to ensure that local people have access to suitable housing
- improve the health and wellbeing of our communities and address health inequalities.
Although council finances are still challenging, the priorities enable us to move forward as an organisation and for us to have a clear view on what we need to deliver.