As we deliver a wide range of services to local residents and businesses, it is important that we have clear targets to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
We have two plans that help us achieve this:
- 'Shaping Our Future: Our Journey to 2020'- What the Council and its partners will focus on over the next 7 years
- 'Medium-term Council Plan' What the Council will deliver in the next three years (view the Council Plan two page summary)
As a Co-operative Council, we will work with our communities to create 'Telford and Wrekin - the Place of Partnership, Enterprise and Innovation'.
- put our children and young people first
- protect and create jobs as a 'Business Supporting, Business Winning Council'
- improve local people's prospects through education and skills training
- protect and support our vulnerable children and adults
- ensure that neighbourhoods are safe, clean and well maintained
- improve the health and wellbeing of our communities and address health inequalities
- regenerate those neighbourhoods in need and work to ensure that local people have access to suitable housing
Although council finances are still challenging, the priorities enable us to move forward as an organisation and for us to have a clear view on what we need to deliver.
Find out how we are delivering our priorities:
- Performance Reports – our latest report to Cabinet
- Co-operative Working in practice
- Telford & Wrekin Facts and Figures
- Partnership Working