Managing your weight when pregnant may reduce any health risks associated with being overweight in pregnancy.
Healthy Mums is a free ‘healthy’ weight management service for pregnant and new mums with a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 30. We are here to support you to make changes to improve your health during your pregnancy and for up to six months after your baby is born. All pregnant women who have a BMI greater than 30 when they book in with a midwife will be automatically referred to Healthy Mums.
When referred into our Healthy Mums programme you will be allocated a Healthy Weight Advisor who will support you on a 1-2-1 basis. Your Healthy Weight Advisor will:
- arrange a comfortable venue to meet with you (this could be your own home)
- support you on a monthly basis to identify your priorities and set you healthy lifestyle goals
- motivate and support you to make healthy lifestyle choices
- your advisors will encourage you to minimise the amount of weight you gain during pregnancy and support you to lose weight post-natally. They are also there to
- provide advice and support with breastfeeding and weaning your new baby
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the Healthy Families Team on 01952 385465 or email email@example.com.