Telford STaRS is a free and confidential specialist drug and alcohol treatment service for people across Telford and Wrekin.
Anyone who might have a problem with drugs or alcohol, and anyone who is being affected by someone else problems with drugs or alcohol (for example, a partner, a parent or another member of your family), can visit us for help and support.
STaRS is led by inclusion (part of South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust) working with Aquarius and Willowdene.
Telford STaRS can offer:
- Information and advice - we will talk to you about what is going on, and give you the facts about drugs and alcohol. We give you advice to keep yourself as safe as possible while you drink or use, and if you want to have a go at self-help we can set you on the right path.
- Needle exchange – we can give you clean equipment for free, talk to you about how to keep yourself safe if you inject, and help you get tested for ‘Blood Borne Viruses’ like Hepatitis and HIV.
- Substitute prescribing – we can prescribe medication to help people stop using alcohol or opiates i.e. Heroin.
- Detox – we can help you to detox from alcohol or opiates i.e. Heroin
- Psychological therapies – we can provide counselling, 1 to 1 therapy or group work
- Health and Wellbeing Checks – we can help you check out your physical health as well as your mental health
- Online access – we offer some treatments and therapy online
- Practical help – we will support you with problems like debt, housing and getting back into work.
- Peer support – we have good links with Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and SMART groups
- Dedicated support for families and carers – we can offer one-to-one support and groups for people who are affected by someone else in their lives using drugs or alcohol.
Get in touch with Telford STaRS...
We offer help to anyone age 10 or over who lives in Telford and Wrekin:
Telephone: 0300 4564291
Our main clinic for adults (18+) is at White Chapel House, Whitechapel Way, Telford, TF2 9FN.
Our young peoples centre is based at The Glebe, Glebe Street, Wellington, Telford, TF1 1JP.
We will also have other places across Telford where you can meet with us.
TACT Telford After Care team
Adult aftercare, recovery and mutual aid facilitation service - speak to someone who has been where you are now.
GPs offering shared care
List of GP's who provide Substance Misuse Treatment in the Community - Are you registered with a GP who provides this service?
Pharmacies offering supervised consumption
Which pharmacy in my area is able to dispense my prescription for treatment?
Sites offering needle exchange
Where can I dispose of and get clean injecting equipment?
- Rowlands Pharmacy, Stirchley Health Centre, Sandino Rd, Telford, TF3 1DY.
- Rowlands Pharmacy, Unit 6, Hadley Centre High Street, Telford, TF1 5NF.
- DARS - Substance Misuse Service, Portico House, 22 Vineyard Road, Wellington, TF1 1HB.