The Crime & Disorder Act 1998 and subsequent legislation, requires each Crime & Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) to have a Community Safety Partnership (CSP), which takes on all legal, statutory and strategic responsibilities to put in place measures to:
- prevent Crime and Anti Social Behaviour,
- prevent the misuse of drugs, alcohol and other substances; and
- prevent re-offending.
The Community Safety Partnership is made up of a wide range of public, private and voluntary agencies locally including:
- Telford & Wrekin Council
- West Mercia Police
- Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service
- NHS Telford & Wrekin
- National Probation Service
- The Wrekin Housing Trust
- Youth Justice Service
- Police and Crime Commissioner's Office.
All partners are working together to improve the quality of life for you by:
- understanding the kind of community safety issues the Borough is experiencing;
- decide which of these are the most important to deal with; and
- decide what actions can be taken collectively, adding value to the day-to-day work undertaken by the individual agencies.
Funding for community safety projects - applications welcome for 2019/20:
- in 2018/19 the Safer Telford and Wrekin Partnership supported 10 projects across the Borough
- applications are welcome for projects in the community that meet the needs outlined in the Safer Telford and Wrekin Strategy
- if you are interested, please request the application form from Partnerships@telford.gov.uk
- applications will need to be completed by 10am on Tuesday 26 February 2019.
- The CSP does not replace the work of the Police or the day-to-day business of the other participating agencies, but is widely considered the most effective approach to finding joint solutions to local issues.
- The Telford & Wrekin CSP meets quarterly, is chaired by the Superintendent, Telford and Wrekin, Local Policing.
- The CSP is funded by the West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioners Office.
Strategic Priorities for 2017/18
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Domestic Abuse
- 3 high vulnerability areas of Telford.