Having identified that getting out can be a challenge for us all, we have developed the Community Connector project which focuses on providing befriending support to people who are socially isolated, feel lonely and want this to change.
Community Connectors are locally matched volunteers who offer regular, medium/long term support with a clear focus on connecting individuals with their community.
Community Connectors enable individuals to build their confidence, self-esteem and extend their social networks. They will be fully trained and supported in the role for which we will complete an enhanced DBS check.
Benefits for the volunteer include:
- making a difference for others will make a difference in you
- increased confidence and self esteem
- access to training
- possible progression to new opportunities
- opportunity to get involved with the local community.
- develop new skills and make new friends
- improve own emotional and physical health.
As a Telford & Wrekin Council volunteer travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Community Connectors help to make a real difference to people, your support would be key to their success.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Connector and would like more information please contact the Community Participation team.