- ensure all recycling is rinsed out and placed directly into the purple top bin
- don't put any carrier bags in the recycling bin, we can't recycle carrier bags
- additional recycling that won't fit inside your purple top bin, can be presented inside suitable bags, do not use black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what recycling has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags.
Download a copy of the what goes in your bins and containers - information leaflet.
- food and drink cans
- glass bottle and jars, including the lids
- plastic bottles of all types including lids
- food trays and pots including black plastic
- fruit and vegetable punnets (please remove netting and film coverings).
We can't take:
- hard plastic such as toys, washing up bowls, buckets, etc.
- bubble wrap
- party plates and cups
- plastic plant pots
- polystyrene foam
- plastic bags and cling film (wrap).
Your item not listed above
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
If you have extra rubbish or recycling you can take it to one of our household recycling centres.