A Referendum relating to the Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan will be held on Thursday 26 July 2018.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
“Do you want Borough of Telford and Wrekin to use the neighbourhood plan for Newport to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Referendum version of the Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents are available for viewing:
- Information Statement (including designated neighbourhood area map)
- Referendum Neighbourhood Plan
- Report of the independent Examiner
- Summary of representations submitted to the Examiner
- Decision Statement by Telford & Wrekin Council that the draft Plan meets the basic conditions (this also lists the Examiner's modifications to the Plan, whether these are accepted by the Council and why they need to be made)
- Statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning (including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum
- Notice of referendum
On 31 May 2018, Telford Borough Council's Cabinet agreed to proceed to referendum on the draft Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations a decision statement has been published.
The Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) was examined by Mr Nigel McGurk between April and May 2018. The Independent Examiner's report is now available and can be viewed below.
Consultation on Telford & Wrekin Council Submission
Newport Town Council has prepared a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) for Newport neighbourhood area in accordance with Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
Newport Town Council has submitted their NDP to Telford & Wrekin Council (“the Council”) for publication and formal consultation before it is independently examined. The Newport NDP is accompanied by supporting documents including a Basic Conditions Statement and a Consultation Statement.
The Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan establishes a long term view for the Newport area and help deliver the local community’s aspirations and needs for the plan period 2017 - 2031. It sets out a number of key objectives and planning policies which the Newport Town Council wishes to be used to help determine planning applications in the Newport area.
As required by Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning regulations 2012, the Council is inviting representations on the submission version of the Newport NDP. The consultation will run for a period of 6 weeks, starting from 5 December 2017 until 5pm on 23 January 2018.
A copy of the submitted Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documentation can be viewed below. Paper copies can also be inspected at the following locations:
- Telford & Wrekin Council Addenbrooke House Reception, Ironmasters Way, Telford, TF3 4NT during weekdays 8.45am to 5pm
- Telford & Wrekin Council Business and Planning First Point, Telford & Wrekin Council, Wellington Civic Offices, Larkin Way, Telford. TF1 1LX during weekdays 8:30am to 5pm
- Darby House Reception, Lawn Central, Telford, TF3 4JA during weekdays 8.45am to 5pm
- The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, TF10 7AR during working hours (10.00am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Newport Library, High Street, Newport TF10 7AT Tuesday, Wednesdays 10am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4pm, Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
Representations on the Submission may be made to the Council up to no later than 5pm on 23 January 2018. Representations can be made in writing by post to Development Management, Telford & Wrekin Council, PO Box 457, Telford. TF2 2FH, or; by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any representations may include a request to be notified of Telford & Wrekin Council’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the Newport Neighbourhood Development Plan (Requesters should provide their, name, address and contact details in their representation).
You should note that your comments are not confidential, they will be publicly available and published on the Council’s website.
- Comments received during the Reg 16 consultation
- TWC comments on Newport NP
- Notice of Submission
- Newport Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan – Regulation 15 Consultation
- Neighbourhood Development Plan area statement and map
- Consultation Statement
- Consultation Statement Appendices
- Interim Statement on Reg 14 Consultation
- Basic conditions statement
- Habitat Regulation Assessment Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Statement
Regulation 14 Consultation
This important period within the process to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Newport Town Council commences on Tuesday 2 May 2017 for a period of 6 weeks, closing at 5pm on Friday 16 June 2017.
The Draft Plan and accompanying documents can be viewed below or from the Newport Town Council website:
- Draft Newport Neighbourhood Plan Reg 14 Consultation version
- Draft Newport Neighbourhood Plan Reg 14 Appendices
- Habitat Regulation Assessment Screening Statement for Newport Neighbourhood Plan
- Screening Statement of the need for Strategic Environmental Assessment
All comments must be sent to the Town Council, for the attention of the Town Clerk via email to email@example.com or post to the Town Clerk, Newport Town Council, The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7AR.
Please do not send comments to Telford & Wrekin Council.
Designation of neighbourhood area
The first formal step in the process is to designate a neighbourhood area; define the proposed boundary covered by a plan. In January 2013 Newport Town Council applied for the designation of the neighbourhood area, the proposed boundary being the Town Council area of Newport.
A six week consultation began on the 18 February until 5 April 2013 and Telford & Wrekin Council approved the designation in June 2013.
For information; the decision regarding the application notice, map of the neighbourhood area, Newport's application and the proposed neighbourhood area map can be viewed on the attachments below.
- Notice of decision regarding application for designation of Newport Town Council area as a neighbourhood area June 2013
- Map of Newport Town Council neighbourhood area June 2013
- Notice publicising an area application from Newport - February 2013
- Newport application for designation letter and map January 2013
For further information visit Newport Town council website.