|Who can get involved?||Relevant Council officers and representatives from voluntary and community organisations will be invited to take part in the engagement workshops.|
|Start date||May 2012|
|Closing date||October 2012|
|Service delivery area||Community Engagement, Equalities and Action|
|Reason for consultation||
Work is currently underway to review the way that Telford & Wrekin Council works with and spends with the Voluntary and Community Sector VCS across the Borough of Telford and Wrekin
Effective commissioning will ensure that services are designed around improving outcomes for the local population.
Voluntary and Community organisations will be invited to a series of participatory workshops run by Telford & Wrekin Council to explore and develop a new way forward.
Participants will be asked to work together to debate and discuss a range of key questions in relation to reviewing the Council’s processes for spending with the Voluntary and Community Sector. Key questions will include;
• What does good commissioning look like? (Who needs to be involved, What does a good process need to include, What will hold the process back and what might blow it off course)
• How can communication between the Council and VCS be improved?
• What are the gaps in the existing commissioning process and how can they be filled?
• What are the agreed principles that the new framework will work within?
• Analysing the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of the existing commissioning process
|How to get involved?||
Any person with an interest in giving their views is invited to contact
Community Engagement Equalities and Action Manager
Co-operative Council Delivery Team
Telford & Wrekin Council
Tel: 01952 382131
|Join the Community Panel||http://www.telford.gov.uk/communitypanel|