Fostering and adoption questions
Question: Am I too young or old?
Question: I work, can I still foster?
Question: What skills and qualities do I need?
Question: Do I need any experience?
Some of the checks we will make during the process are:
- DBS check for applicant(s) and any regular visitors to your household
- medical check for applicant(s)
- 6 personal references
- current employer reference and any previous employer references if you have worked with children or young people
- Children and Mental Health Services (CAMHS) check
- NSPCC check
- Other Local Authority checks (OLA) if you have lived anywhere else
- Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) check
- education checks if you have children of school age
- local Police check
Question: What if I have criminal offences?
Question: How will I be supported?
Question: How long would I foster a child for?
Question: If I am single can I foster?
Do you have a Question?
If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.