Applications for the Discretionary Council Tax Rebate scheme closed on 31 August 2022.
If you have already submitted an application and we have requested further information you must supply this supporting information by 23 September 2022.
If you live in a Council Tax band A-D property you would normally receive the Council Tax Rebate automatically under the government’s mandatory scheme.
Under our Discretionary Scheme payments have been made to the following residents if they were liable on 1 April 2022:
- A single one-off payment of £100 has been awarded in a dwelling within Council Tax band E.
- A single one-off payment of £150 will be awarded to any household who resides in a dwelling with Council Tax band E to H and in receipt of Council Tax Reduction. For the sake of clarity any household who resides in a dwelling with a Council Tax band E and in receipt of Council Tax Reduction will only receive a maximum of £150.
These customers have been paid or contacted directly if we do not hold bank details and they do not need to complete an application form.
We will also consider applications from the following residents who are the liable Council Tax bill payer (or would be if the property were not exempt) and are the energy bill payers:
- Customers in a dwelling Council Tax band E who are suffering hardship, have under £16,000 in capital and are liable to pay energy bills. A further payment of up to £50 will be considered.
- A one-off payment of £150 will be considered for customers in a dwelling Council Tax band E to H and in receipt of one of the following benefits if they have not already received an Council Tax Rebate payment:
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit or Savings Credit
- A single one-off payment of £150 will be awarded to applicants who reside in a dwelling with a Council Tax band A to D and who occupied the premises after 1 April 2022 and who have not received a mandatory Council Tax Rebate either in the borough or from any other council.
Payment will usually be made to the account where the direct debit for Council Tax is made. If the Council Tax is not paid by Direct Debit then we ask that proof is uploaded with the form showing the name on the account, address, account number and sort code. Additional checks will also be undertaken to verify the bank details.
Please note that where multiple residents in an eligible household are joint and severally liable for Council Tax only one Council Tax Rebate payment will be made (either via the mandatory scheme or via a successful application is received to the discretionary scheme). The payment will be made to the person who pays the direct debit only. Payment of the award, however is for the benefit of the household as a whole.
Applications for the Discretionary Council Tax Rebate closed on 31 August 2022.
Last updated: 06/09/2022 14:38