Attention - school admissions and school appeals
Due to the current COVID-19 situation we envisage a serious delay to any in-year applications for school places. We recognise that our service is important to you and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Apply for school placements in 2021/2022 for the following year groups.
|Year group||Closing date for applications|
|Reception (born between 1 September 2016 - 31 August 2017)||15 January 2021|
|Infant/Junior (Year 2 into Year 3)||15 January 2021|
|Secondary (born between 1 September 2009 - 31 August 2010)||31 October 2020|
If a child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) the closing date was 31 October 2020.
To submit a late application please use the following online form:
- Download a step by step guide on how to apply for school placements.
- Download the school admissions mythbuster, which clarifies common assumptions about the application process.
- You can apply for a school place on line using a tablet, laptop, computer or smart phone.
- If you do not have access to a computer you can go to your local library and ask a member of staff to help you submit an application.
- Download the school admissions information booklet 2021/2022, before you complete your application.
- Download guidance for school applications for overseas children.
Applying for school places for academic year 2021/2022
All new applications for home to school transport from September 2020 onwards will be considered under the new Home to School Transport Policy which will include in year applications.
The old home to school transport policy will only apply to any parent/carer applying for their child's primary or secondary education placement during the normal admissions round for school places for September 2020.
Please note Ofsted have changed the way they inspect and report on schools, visit the GOV.UK website for information about the Education Inspection Framework.
Last updated: 18/01/2021 14:23