Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Please don’t make us give you a parking ticket. From 31 January 2020 we will be able to issue fines. Please park legally and considerately.

Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Information and advice

We aim to provide you with the right help at the right time to promote independence in Telford and Wrekin, our information and advice services include:

Live Well Telford - a self-help online all age community directory

Live Well Telford provides information and signposting to a wide range of services, activities, groups and organisations in the area, to help everyone find the support they need to live healthy independent lives.

Visit Live Well Telford

My Choice – a telephone information, advice and advocacy service for adults with care and support needs

If you require first time help or are unsure what help is available, My Choice will assist you to access information, advice and guidance.

Available: 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday.
Telephone: 01952 916030

Alternatively if you are deaf, hard of hearing or unable to use a phone, you can email:

Carers Centre - a support service for carers (unpaid family member or friend)

The Carers Centre provide information, advice, confidential one-to-one support, group support, benefits advice and much more, making sure you are getting any available help to support you with your caring role.

Telephone: 01952 240209.

Mental health 

To access mental health services you will need to contact your GP.

If you are experiencing a Mental Health Crisis you can contact Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment on 0300 303 1601 who provide crisis support during the day and night.

Already receiving support from us?

Contacting your allocated professional - if you are in the process of being assessed or reviewed and wish to contact your current allocated professional (i.e. Social Worker, Adult Social Care Practitioner or Occupational Therapist) but do not have their direct telephone number, please call us using the numbers below and we will transfer you to your allocated professional if they are available.

  • Wrekin hub - 01952 385577.
  • Hadley Castle hub - 01952 387183.
  • Lakeside South hub - 01952 385465.

Family Connect and Adult Safeguarding

If you wish to make a referral for care and support and/or occupational therapy.

If you already receive services from Adult Social Care and your circumstances have changed.

If you want to report concerns of abuse, neglect or harm or you are at risk – you need to report it.

Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Telephone: 01952 385385.
Text (SMS): 07797 875385.

Out of Hours emergency – Emergency Duty Team (EDT)

The EDT provides an emergency social work service for urgent situations which arise out of normal office hours and which cannot be left with an appropriate degree of safety until the next normal working day.

The service operates Monday to Thursday 5pm to 9am and from 5pm Friday through to 9am Monday. The service also operates during Bank and Public Holidays.

Telephone: 01952 676500.

Missing or out of contact client – Police

In all missing persons cases it is advised that you first contact the police and file a Missing Person’s report, listen to the police advice given and act accordingly.

Adults and children who go missing from social services care invariably place themselves, and often others, at risk. Every "missing" episode should, therefore, attract proper attention from the professionals involved with the person and those professionals, in turn, must work together to make sure a consistent and joined up message is given to the person on their return.

The police are frequent partners of the Council in managing "missing" episodes and it is, therefore, important that staff in both agencies work together.

Contact the Police by telephone:

  • Non-emergency – 101
  • Emergency - 999.

Information in other languages or formats

Our information will be in a standard format.  If you need any of our information in easy read, large print or translated to other languages including braille or audio you can request it by contacting the Family Connect team on telephone: 01952 385385 or sending a request by email to:

Last updated: 2.16pm on Tuesday 19 November 2019