What is Making It Real?
Making It Real is a framework or guide that sets out what good, person-focused care and support should look like from the point of view of individuals with lived experience. It recognises that people want a life, not just a service and that conversations with people should be based on what matters most to them. Support must be built up around a person’s strengths, their own networks of support and greater use made of resources available in the local community.
To find out more visit the Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) website.
About Making It Real in Telford
Our Making It Real Board was set up in January 2018 and is made up of people who use adult services or who are interested in the development of Adult Social Care (ASC) in Telford and Wrekin. The Board works in co-production with council leaders, making recommendations on how different service areas can improve and develop, with the aim of seeing services progress towards more person-centred, community-based support.
Experts by experience
As ‘Experts by Experience’ the Board is uniquely placed to ensure that council leaders are kept in touch with the day to day realities for people who use services and their carers and that local people are placed at the heart of decisions around the future of Adult Social Care in the borough.
Get involved and have your say
We want the people who use Adult Social Care to work with us ensuring that those who have lived experience are heard, valued and that they have the opportunity to inform, question and challenge our developments and practice. The Making It Real board meetings will take place on:
- Thursday 12 December 2019 from 2pm - 4pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 16 January from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 19 March from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 23 April from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 21 May from 1pm - 3pm at KKetley Community Centre
- Thursday 16 July from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 17 September from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 15 October from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 19 November from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
- Thursday 17 December from 1pm - 3pm at Ketley Community Centre
Contact Making It Real
Contact: Kate Parslow
Telephone: 01952 380839
Address: For the attention of: Kate Parslow, Adult Social Care, Making It Real Board
Telford & Wrekin Council, 4th floor, B wing, Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford, TF3 4JA.
Last updated: 10.30am on Thursday 5 December 2019