Information and advice

We aim to provide you with the right help at the right time to promote independence in Telford and Wrekin. Please click on the following headings to find out about our information, advice, guidance and referral services.

Live Well Telford provides information and signposting to a wide range of services, activities, groups and organisations in the area, to help everyone find the support they need to live healthy independent lives.

Visit Live Well Telford

These hubs are run by Adult Social Care staff in the community, they offer free, friendly information and advice. No appointment is necessary.

Visit Live Well Telford to find your nearest Live Well Hub.

Please feel free to pop in and see us at the Independence AT Home drop in sessions, Wednesday's from 10am to 2pm at Citizens Advice, Wellington.

You can come and browse a variety of gadgets and equipment to give you an idea of things that can help make life a little easier. Our volunteers will be available to assist you if you need any help, between them they have personal experience of using the different gadgets..

View the the Independence AT Home Drop In leaflet.

If you have a visual impairment you can drop in by phone and speak to a Rehabilitation Officer for Vision Impairment, Wednesday's from 10am to 2pm.

Telephone: 07976 426483.

The Wellbeing Independence Partnership is the First Point of Contact for all enquiries relating to Adult Social Care in Telford and Wrekin. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff provide information, advice, and guidance for the general public about health and social care. We work with people to identify their strengths and help them to stay independent for longer with access to community-based solutions.

We provide whole family services for people, their families and family carers and we work alongside adult social care ensuring that people get the right help, at the right time, from the right service. We support our clients to tell their story once.

We are able to provide outreach across the borough via a range of solutions such as:

  • wellbeing peer support groups
  • community marketplace events
  • individual home visits where required.
  • booked appointment with an Adult Social Care professional.

We aim to provide preventative services to support people in the early stages and avoid the need for emergency assistance.

We can make referrals to other services such as care and Occupational Therapy if this is deemed necessary for the client.

If you would like to discuss your options or would like to find out more about how you can access an array of community led support please contact us, our phone lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.

The Carers Centre provide information, advice, confidential one-to-one support, group support, benefits advice and much more, making sure you are getting any available help to support you with your caring role.

To access mental health services you will need to contact your GP.

If you are experiencing a Mental Health Crisis you can contact Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment who provide crisis support during the day and night.

  • Telephone: 0300 303 1601

Contacting your allocated professional - if you are in the process of being assessed or reviewed and wish to contact your current allocated professional (for example; Social Worker, Adult Social Care Practitioner or Occupational Therapist) but do not have their direct telephone number, please call us using the following phone numbers and we will transfer you to your allocated professional if they are available.

  • Wrekin hub - 01952 385577
  • Hadley Castle hub - 01952 387183
  • Lakeside South hub - 01952 385465.

Who we are and what we do

We support people who are already known to Adult Social Care as well as providing advice, guidance and support to professionals and the public on an array of Adult Social Care services.

Our Family Connect Community Support Advisors are also the first point of contact for all new referrals for people who require statutory care and support or safeguarding.

Enquiries from people who are not already known to Adult Social Care are supported by our colleagues in the Wellbeing Independence Partnership who can provide a holistic service and ensure that the customer receives the right help and the right time and from the right service.

Reason why you would contact us directly

  • If you wish to make a referral for care and support and/or occupational therapy.
  • If you already receive services from Adult Social Care and your circumstances have changed.
  • If you want to report concerns of abuse, neglect or harm or you are at risk – you need to report it.

Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors are available Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm:

There is a lot of jargon in health and social care and TLAP is committed to busting it. Our Care and Support Jargon Buster is an A-Z directory of Plain English definitions of the most commonly used words and phrases in health and social care.

The EDT provides an emergency social work service for urgent situations which arise out of normal office hours and which cannot be left with an appropriate degree of safety until the next normal working day.

The service operates Monday to Thursday 5pm to 9am and from 5pm Friday through to 9am Monday. The service also operates during Public Holidays.

Telephone: 01952 676500.

In all missing persons cases it is advised that you first contact the police and file a Missing Person’s report, listen to the police advice given and act accordingly.

Adults and children who go missing from social services care invariably place themselves, and often others, at risk. Every "missing" episode should, therefore, attract proper attention from the professionals involved with the person and those professionals, in turn, must work together to make sure a consistent and joined up message is given to the person on their return.

The police are frequent partners of the Council in managing "missing" episodes and it is, therefore, important that employees in both agencies work together.

Contact the Police by telephone:

  • Non-emergency - 101
  • Emergency - 999.

By default our information will be provided in English and in a standard format. However if you need any of our information in easy read, large print or translated to other languages including braille or audio you can request it by contacting the Family Connect team:

Last updated: 22/06/2020 13:44