The Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) suite of documents build a picture of the social, cultural, health and economic needs of our communities and help identify those communities in need of support. The JSNA is a continuous process of providing intelligence to help evaluate the demand on, and sufficiency of, services, to inform planning and decision making and achieve better outcomes for our communities.
Research and Intelligence provide a suite of JSNA products:
- Download the JSNA Executive Summary which provides the latest health and wellbeing evidence and highlights key challenges facing the borough (note the JSNA Executive Summary forms chapter 1 of our Understanding Telford and Wrekin suite of documents).
- Download the JSNA Headline Messages which is provided alongside the JSNA Executive Summary, to outline need by specific population groups, focused topics and localities as follows:
- JSNA Headlines by Age Group: Children and Young People; Working Age Adults; Older People.
- JSNA Headlines by Topic: Population Characteristics; Being Healthy; Staying Safe; Enjoying and Achieving; Economic Wellbeing.
- JSNA Headlines by Locality: Hadley Castle; Lakeside South; The Wrekin.
- View our biennial JSNA suite of documents 'Understanding Telford and Wrekin' provides a comprehensive evidence case of information about the borough. Chapters are:
- Population Characteristics
- Being Healthy
- Staying Safe
- Enjoying and Achieving
- Economic Wellbeing.
- Download the Locality reports and ward-level information (note that locality and ward information are detailed in the Appendix of our Understanding Telford and Wrekin suite of documents) provide detailed information on the needs of different communities.
- A wealth of profiles, as well as a summary key facts sheet, on the health of the population of Telford and Wrekin are available on our Facts and Figures page. View information about our summary key facts sheet.
- View information about the Index of Multiple Deprivation report.
- Download the handy 2-page JSNA Key Fact sheets for the following:
- Health and wellbeing
- Elderly and Vulnerable Adults
- Prevention and Healthy Lifestyles
- Vulnerable and Complex Adults
- Vulnerable Children and Young People
- View information about the Pharmacy Needs Assessment.
Building on the evidence provided by the JSNA, the Telford and Wrekin Health and Wellbeing Strategy outlines our key priorities and the actions we are taking to meet the borough's health and wellbeing needs. View more information about the Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
Download the Public Health Annual Report descries what we are doing to reduce health inequality in Telford and Wrekin.
View information about our Market Position Statements and Sufficiency Reports which outline how we are using JSNA evidence to understand demand and sufficiency in social care.
If you have any questions about the JSNA or want to understand more about the reports available please contact Helen Potter in the Insight team on 01952 381118 or email@example.com.
Last updated: 01/06/2021 11:40