Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
The Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) scheme closed for new applications on the 18 March 2022.
Alongside the mandatory Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant scheme the Chancellor announced on the 21 December 2021 a top-up to ARG funding for Local Authorities. An additional £258k of funding has been made available to support businesses within the borough of Telford and Wrekin which have been severely impacted by the Omicron variant.
As businesses in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors have seen the biggest impact by the Omicron variant the Council has decided that the latest ARG funding will be used to support these businesses.
Business that apply and are eligible for the mandatory Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant scheme will receive an additional top up payment automatically.
If you have already applied there is no requirement to contact us or re-apply. The additional top up amount will be detailed separately on your email confirming your entitlement to the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant.
What is the qualifying criteria?
- If the business is entitled to, and awarded, an Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant, a top up award will be made using the Additional Restrictions Grant funding.
- The eligibility rules are outlined in the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme guidance document.
- The Business must be registered for business rates with Telford & Wrekin Council.
Exclusions to the scheme:
- businesses that are outside the Business Rates Scheme
- businesses that do not qualify for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme
- businesses that have already reached the maximum Subsidy levels and will therefore not be eligible to receive funding
- businesses that are in administration, insolvent, or where a striking off notice has been made.
What evidence needs to be provided?
- Bank statements / trading accounts to evidence the business was trading as at 30 December 2021.
- Copy of lease agreement / tenancy agreement or evidence that the business is a genuine business entity.
How much grant will be awarded?
The following levels of grant will be awarded:
|Rateable value||ARG 20% payment||Total Omicron and ARG payment to business|
|£15,000 and under||£533.40||£3,200.40|
|£15,001 - £50,999||£800||£4,800|
|£51,000 and over||£1200||£7,200|
Where surplus funding is still available after the application window, the Council may make a further payment.
This scheme may close early if demand exceeds the funding available, and grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
All awards must be made within the subsidy allowance rules detailed in the document Complying with the UK’s international obligations on subsidy control: guidance for public authorities.
We are not required to adjust, pay or recover grants where the rating list is subsequently amended retrospectively to the schemes eligibility date.
The Council reserves the right to vary the terms of the scheme at any time, and without notice, should it be necessary to do so.
Application forms for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant scheme opened on the 7 January and closed at 5pm on the 18 March 2022.
Business that applied and are eligible for the mandatory Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant scheme will receive an additional top up payment automatically. If you have already applied there is no requirement to contact us or re-apply. The additional top up amount will be detailed separately on your email confirming your entitlement to the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant.
Last updated: 18/03/2022 16:15