Telford Loyalty Card (TLC) was launched in April 2013, offering discounts to card-holders at Council leisure facilities and at a wide range of participating local businesses. The Council has a number of aims in launching TLC:
- To promote health and well-being by encouraging greater participation in sport, leisure and cultural activities, a key element of our plans to build an Olympic legacy in the borough
- As a 'Business-Winning, Business-Supporting Council', to encourage more people to 'spend local' - for example, if every household in the borough spent an additional £5 per week with local businesses, this would generate an additional £18 million a year for the local economy, helping to protect and support local jobs
- To help local people save money on a range of goods and services and help with rising costs of living
- To promote Telford as a shopping and leisure and business tourism destination
- Free for all to encourage people who live, work or visit Telford to use and save money at shops, services and Council facilities in the borough
- Free for all business based in the borough to participate in - businesses are promoted via a dedicated TLC website, social media, and receive free point of sale promotional material
TLC was launched in partnership with two sponsors - AFC Telford United and Telford College of Arts and Technology. As well as contributing financially, sponsors have played a key role in helping to promote TLC, for example a launch event was held at AFC Telford during the last match of the season and another event is planned with the students of Telford College.
What we have achieved so far:
Since the launch:
- 260 businesses have joined the scheme, ranging from large organisations like the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust to sole traders, such as locksmiths. Many of the smaller business had minimal contact with the Council prior to joining the scheme
- Over 27,000 hits on the TLC website - accounting for over 1/5 of all Council views this period
- Over 65,000 cards in circulation
- Developed a new tlc app to help people see all the great offers on the move
The response to TLC has been overwhelmingly positive, both from local residents and the businesses involved.
Last updated: 5.14pm on Sunday 15 May 2016