Community Champions are proactive volunteers who take an interest in the health and wellbeing of others, with a specific focus on sharing health messages related to COVID-19.
As a Community Champion, you will receive regular updates from Telford & Wrekin Council that we would like you to share with family, friends, colleagues and your community using a communication channel you feel comfortable with. This could be email, telephone, social media, recorded messages or other communication tools.
The messages you share will benefit all, however there will be a focus on people shown to be most at risk from Coronavirus (COVID-19) including those from an ethnic minority background, disabled people and others to encouraging them to follow safer behaviours and reduce the impact of the virus on themselves and those around them.
- as and when required – typically on average 1 hour a week would be helpful. The role should fit into daily routine.
- initial online training session via Microsoft Teams
- additional training to improve knowledge and understanding.
Support and supervision:
- regular sessions via Microsoft Teams to receive the most up recent updates/guidance, an opportunity to speak with those leading on the pandemic and to provide any feedback
- informal conversations as and when.
Last updated: 19/03/2021 12:23