Under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and associated regulations all employers have a duty to make sure that their workplaces are safe for their employees and members of the public.
We provide an information guide for small businesses and you can check that you comply with Health and Safety legislation using the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) free Health and Safety Toolbox.
What we do:
- inspect workplaces to ensure that they are safe and that employers are complying with the law
- investigate complaints
- investigate some reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences
- we can provide businesses, employees and members of the public with advice and information, or point you to relevant guidance
- promote awareness and knowledge through specific projects
- work in partnership with other relevant organisations like the Health and Safety Executive and other Local Authorities
Last updated: 12/12/2019 16:27