Under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and associated regulations all employers have a duty to make sure that their workplaces are safe for their employees and members of the public.
- Download our health and safety starter pack for small businesses
- Visit the Health and Safety Executive website to access the health and safety toolbox to check if you comply with health and safety legislation.
What we do:
- inspect workplaces to ensure that they are safe and that employers are complying with the law
- investigate complaints
- investigate some reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences
- we can provide businesses, employees and members of the public with advice and information, or point you to relevant guidance
- promote awareness and knowledge through specific projects
- work in partnership with other relevant organisations like the Health and Safety Executive and other local authorities.
Last updated: 04/08/2022 12:52