Report an accident/incident at work

As an employer, or self employed person, you have certain legal duties under Reporting of Injuries, Disease and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR) to report certain accidents, incidents and near misses.

All reportable incidents can be reported online via the HSE website. Once completed the form is submitted directly to the RIDDOR database and you will get a copy for your own records.

Fatal and major injuries can be reported to the Incident Contact Centre on 0845 3009923 (Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm).

For further information on reporting accidents or incidents, including emergency out of hours contact details, please see the HSE website.

An authorised officer may investigate a reportable accident/incident to identify any breaches of health and safety legislation.

Last updated: 12/12/2019 15:42

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact