Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Please don’t make us give you a parking ticket. From 31 January 2020 we will be able to issue fines. Please park legally and considerately.

Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Council Tax Support

The quickest way to make an intention to claim Council Tax Support is to complete our online form.

You will be asked questions about your personal circumstances and be told what evidence you will need to provide.

At the end of the form, you'll be able to book an appointment to see a Benefits Assessor at our First Point office at Southwater One to hand in your evidence (see Supporting documents below). If you are not able to visit the office due to an illness or disability, please contact us on 01952 383838 to request a home visit.

There are separate forms for customers of working age and customers who have reached pensionable age (check your pensionable age).

Intention to claim Council Tax Support (working age)

Intention to claim Council Tax Support (pensionable age)

Make sure you have all your personal details ready when you complete the form, including:

  • your National Insurance number and that of your partner, if you have one
  • the full address that you want to claim for, including its postcode
  • the income source and amount received by you, your partner and any non-dependants who live with you
  • if you or your partner are working, the name of your employer, the date you started work, the number of hours you normally work and how often you are paid
  • the full name(s) and date(s) of birth of everyone who lives with you
  • if you or your partner is not a British Citizen, the details of yours or their work history for the last 2 years.

At the appointment you will be able to:

  • show the documents we need to support your claim - we will take a scanned copy (it is important that you bring these documents with you as we won’t be able to pay any benefit without them)
  • sign your claim form
  • find out how much Council Tax Support you are entitled to
  • set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax - if you don't already pay this way.

Supporting documents

The documents you need to bring with you to your appointment are: 

National Insurance number National Insurance card, National Insurance confirmation letter, payslip, benefit award letter.
Identity Passport, driving licence, medical card.
Residency You must have moved into the property you intend to claim for.

Last 2 monthly payslips or last five weekly payslips.

If you have just started work, we will accept your Contract of Employment and the number of hours you are contracted for to work out an estimate of your pay. You will still have to provide your first 2 months or 5 weeks wage slips when you receive them.

Benefits and pensions Benefit award/entitlement letter, pension advice/pay slip, bank statement showing regular payment.
Bank accounts, other capital and properties Last 3 monthly statements for each account, Post Office/savings book, premium bond certificate, stocks and shares certificates.

Proof of ownership, mortgage, property valuation.

If you rent out a property, you need to provide proof of the rent you receive from your tenant.

Dependant children Name, date of birth and child benefit proof for each child.
Child care costs Statement from provider, invoice/receipts from provider.
Non-dependants Name, date of birth, National Insurance number and income details.

Already receiving benefits?
If you are already receiving Council Tax Support and wish to report a change in your circumstances, please make sure that you use our change in circumstances form instead.

Last updated: 10.25am on Friday 22 March 2019

  1. Introduction
  2. Eligibility
  3. How do I apply?
  4. Contact