Definitive map

Under schedule 7 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 you can apply to make a modification to the definitive map. If you wish to apply for a modification order please follow these steps:

  1. Complete the application form.
  2. Complete the notice form and serve on the landowner (if the landowner is not known, the completed form may be erected either end of the route claimed).
  3. Following service of the notice, complete the certificate of notice form.
  4. Submit the application form, the certificate of notice and supporting evidence to the Senior Rights of Way Officer.
  5. We will acknowledge receipt and will contact you regarding further developments.

Notes on evidence

  • The enclosed evidence statement forms may be distributed freely and should be completed in every case as fully as possible. The attached map should indicate the route referred to on the form.
  • All documentary evidence referred to should be identified by a source reference to allow it to be verified by Council officers.
  • An application will not be considered unless it is supported by evidence. The Council may, however, undertake additional research in respect of the application.

Last updated: 5.13pm on Monday 15 February 2016

  1. Introduction
  2. Apply for a modification order
  3. Contact