The Council has a 4 year investment programme to ‘Protect, Care and Invest to create a better borough’.
Between 2020 and 2024 we are investing over £50m to keep neighbourhoods safe, clean and well connected.
Our vision is to ‘Keep Telford Moving’ and in 2021/2022 we will invest £22m to deliver 200 improvement schemes across the borough as part of the Pride in Our Community programme.
The programme of work includes:
- improvements to roads
- improvements to footpaths
- parking schemes
- sustainable transport
- street furniture
- drainage improvements
- work on major structures.
Telford & Wrekin Council receive a high level of requests for traffic and road safety schemes which can range from speeding concerns, collisions concerns, parking issues etc. Each year we prioritise and deliver a number of schemes to help tackle these reported issues. As part of this, we consult with the public to ensure those who are impacted by the proposed changes have an opportunity to provide their comments.
It is considered that the public consultation will be a direct test of public support for one or a combination of the options presented before proceeding to detailed design. The outcome of the public consultation will be reviewed in detail and a decision will be made based on the content of the comments received in the context of the wider transport network.
Factors that will be taken into account will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- road safety
- network operation
- level of support
- detail of any objections.
Proposed improvements over the next 12 months
The consultation runs from Friday 24 September 2021 and closes at Sunday 17 October 2021.
- Download the proposed area review public consultation.
- Download the proposed overview plan.
- Download the proposed pedestrian refuge installation and upgrades of Wellington Road.
- Download the double yellow lines plan.
The consultation runs from Friday 25 February 2022 to Friday 18 March 2022.
- Download the proposed public consultation
- Download the proposed 20mph speed limit and road humps plan.
- Download the proposed prohibition of waiting plan.
The consultation runs from Monday 28 March 2022 to Friday 13 May 2022.
- Download the proposed public consultation.
- Download the proposed public consultation option 1.
- Download the proposed public consultation option 2.
Last updated: 25/04/2022 08:55