As part of the ongoing bridge asset management programme two underpasses located on Randlay Avenue within close proximity to Catherton (C4) and Arundel Close (R1) will be closed. Both structures and adjacent cuttings will be infilled to tie in with existing ground / road levels and footpaths will be reinstated at this new level. Existing safety barriers will be removed and crossing improvements installed. The decision to infill these structures was made following a period of stakeholder engagement on both structures and a public consultation regarding underpass R1. Closure orders have been made under Section 119 of the Highways Act 1980. The work is, however, weather dependant and the programme dates shown may be subject to change:
- the funding for the work has come from the Council’s highway capital programme as part of its ‘Pride in Our Community’ programme to make the borough a better place to live, work and visit.
The project is being delivered by our specialist contractor Fitzgerald Contractors Ltd.
Detailed works programme
- footway closures will be used at most sites with a combination of temporary traffic signals on the carriageway as this allows for works to be completed quickly, safely and efficiently and to minimise disruption
- access for residents will be maintained throughout the works. Any traffic management used will be in place for the duration of the scheme dates to facilitate the works
- site specific designs
- where closures are in force, a diversion will be signed on site
- all properties with frontages onto the site or where a cul-de-sac is within the site will receive a letter from Telford & Wrekin Council
- advanced information signs will be placed on each site 2 weeks prior to works commencing.
|Planned Start||11 February 2019|
|Planned Completion||31 March 2019|
|Traffic Management||Carriageway traffic will be managed by using temporary traffic signals (when required). A diversion will be in place around the works for pedestrian traffic, this will be in place for the duration on the scheme.|
|Working Hours||8am to 6pm|
|Planned Start||27 March 2019|
|Planned Completion||12 July 2019|
|Traffic Management||Carriageway traffic will be managed by a road closure. A diversion will be in place via Edgmond, the B5062 and Tibberton for vehicular traffic, pedestrians will be able to cross the river via a temporary footbridge from 8 April 2019 and this will be in place for the duration of the scheme.|
|Working Hours||7am to 7pm|