Housing associations

Telford and Wrekin Council no longer own any housing stock which means the expression "council house" no longer applies in the borough. However, there are still properties available with an affordable rent, these are provided by Housing Associations.

Housing associations are sometimes referred to as Registered providers, they are committed to providing all house types including houses, flats and bungalows.

There are not enough social housing properties in the Telford and Wrekin area to house all those that apply for one but there are other options which you should consider, please follow the Telford HomeFinder page and Private Housing.

The Wrekin Housing Trust

The Wrekin Housing Trust is one of the largest social housing providers in the borough:

If you would like to register for a Wrekin Housing Trust home, please visit the Wrekin Housing Trust website and complete their online application. If your application is accepted, a Wrekin Housing Trust officer will contact you.

Homes Direct

Homes Direct have decided to close their system on the 31 March 2021. However, until this date, you are still able to register with them and bid for any available properties. 

From that date, there will be different ways to apply for housing from Housing Associations (Registered Providers) within Telford and Wrekin. More information about how you can apply to Housing Associations will appear here in due course along with some frequently asked questions.

Last updated: 13/01/2021 12:01