Repairs in rented properties

Are you having trouble getting your landlord to carry out repairs? If so we can help, by advising you on how to get repairs done. We can talk to your landlord and if needed, we can take statutory action to force your landlord to do works.

It is important that you have reported the repairs to your landlord first. They may be more than happy to carry out any repairs work promptly.

If your property is rented from a registered social landlord (RSL) you should make contact with them in the first instance. View more information about local RSLs and their commitment to you by contacting your local housing association.

The Home Improvement Agency (HIA) may also be able to help you if you are a home owner and have minor repairs to your home, view more information on housing services.

If you are a homeowner and are in receipt of benefits we may be able to help you if your boiler has broken down or is condemned, we and also offer you advice on reducing your fuel bills, call our Affordable Warmth Officer on 01952 381864.

Last updated: 22/03/2021 16:07

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact