Many more lockdown measures are eased across England.
On Monday 17 May 2021, we will enter Step 3 of the Roadmap out of Lockdown.
Here's what you need to know:
- up to 30 people can meet outdoor
- 2 households or 6 individuals (Rule of 6) can meet indoor
- when meeting friends or family, you must make a personal choice whether to keep a 2 metre distance or not. You should still be cautious, close contact increases the chances of spreading COVID-19
- 2 metre social distancing is still recommended with people outside of your friends and family
- indoor hospitality (restaurants, pubs, cafes etc.) will reopen
- indoor entertainment facilities (cinemas, bowling alleys, museums etc.) will reopen with COVID-secure measures in place. The Place theatre will continue to operate as a rapid testing centre
- attending indoor and outdoor events will be permitted. You must follow the COVID-secure regulations set out by the event host
- holiday accommodation (hotels, B&Bs) will reopen. Guests must follow the Rule of 6 or 2 households rule
- international travel will follow the traffic light system. Visit the GOV.UK website for more information about the traffic light system
- weddings and other significant life events can be attended by up to 30 people
- the number of attendees at funerals is dependent on the venue’s COVID social distancing measures
- up to five named visitors (two at any time) are allowed for care home residents, provided visitors test negative for COVID-19.
You should continue to:
- work from home if you can
- wear a face covering in public spaces indoors, unless medically exempt
- Check for COVID twice a week - even if you have no symptoms and have been vaccinated.
Last updated: 14/05/2021 16:40