The council’s health and adult social care services have been working in partnership with care providers across the borough to provide them with information and advice.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel
- wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Download documents about the financial support to social care providers provided by Telford & Wrekin Council during COVID-19.
- Visit the Shropshire Partners in Care website for guidance during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit GOV.UK for latest information on how to protect care home residents and staff during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Visit GOV.UK for the Public Health guidance for social or community care and residential settings.
- View our Local Approach and Dynamic Risk Assessment of Care Home Visiting.
An online form has been created for Care Providers, such as GP's, Care Homes, Health Services and Personal Assistants (PAs), to request PPE from a central service for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. Your request will be assessed based on the information provided on the form and emergency supplies will be matched with those with the greatest need.
- Download the latest update on plans to support access to PPE across the health and care system.
- Download the PPE statement.
- Download the PPE portal order limits update.
Advice and guidance for people during the Coronavirus crisis
- Download our direct payments fact sheet – advice and guidance for people during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Visit the GOV.UK website for government guidance for people receiving direct payments.
The Coronavirus National Testing Programme
The Coronavirus National Testing Programme has now expanded capacity to test other frontline workers who are having to self-isolate due to having coronavirus-like symptoms or because a member of their household has symptoms.
This expansion includes all personal care assistants (PAs), across both health and social care, who meet the criteria set out above.
For more information view:
- download the letter for people who use direct payments regarding the National Testing Programme
- download the invitation to register for coronavirus testing - personal care assistants (PAs)
- download the National Testing Programme strategy summary
- download the Coronavirus National Testing Programme - Information for employers and personal care assistants on testing for frontline workers.