Free school meals
Your child, or children, may qualify for free school meals if you meet the following criteria:
- you or your partner (if you have one) have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin
and you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit (guaranteed credit)
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
How to apply
Or speak to the Free School Meals team:
Telephone: 01952 383983.
Free breakfast provision
Breakfasts are available to children across the borough whose families may be struggling financially and are eligible for free school meals. Families can collect their breakfasts from partner organisations weekly.
For further information about this scheme, please call 01952 382030.
Last updated: 10/02/2021 11:38