Council Tax Reduction is a local scheme designed to help people on low incomes pay their Council Tax.
Some of the main features of the working age scheme
- The capital limit is £6,000 - anyone with capital above this level won’t qualify.
- There are no non-dependant deductions.
- Those who have been self-employed for more than 12 months and who are earning less than the equivalent rate of 30 hours at the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage for those aged 25 or over), minus the relevant amount of tax, National Insurance and 50% of any pension contribution, will have this level of self employed income applied to their claim.
- Claims and changes of circumstance take effect from either the date they are received or the date the change happened.
- Claims can be backdated for up to 3 months from when the request is received.
Income grid 2020/2021
|Council Tax Reduction level||Passported||Single||Couples||Families with one child||Families with two or more children|
|Level 1 - 90%||Relevant benefit||£0 - £74.99||£0 - £117.99||£0 - £181.99||£0 - £246.99|
|Level 2 - 75%||N/A||£75 - £104.99||£118 - £152.99||£182 - £221.99||£247 - £291.99|
|Level 3 - 50%||N/A||£105 - £134.99||£153 - £187.99||£222 - £261.99||£292 - £336.99|
|Level 4 - 25%||N/A||£135 - £164.99||£188 - £222.99||£262 - £301.99||£337 - £381.99|
How to apply
Or call our Contact Centre on 01952 383838.
Last updated: 06/05/2021 10:21