The Emergency Welfare Resettlement Assistance scheme is designed to provide residents with the essential items of furniture, goods or clothing they need if:
- they are moving into their own home after:
- living in care
- a long-term stay in hospital
- release from prison or detention
- a period living in a hostel or refuge
- a long-term period living in some other form of institution or
- they need the essential item of furniture to enable them to remain living independently in their home.
To qualify for Emergency Welfare Resettlement Assistance, you or your partner must be receiving, or be about to receive, one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit.
Please note we do not make cash payments under these schemes.
How to apply
Or call our Crisis Assistance line on 01952 380400.
Last updated: 02/02/2021 13:43