From 1 April 2022 the government removed all domestic restrictions in England that had been in place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Support services by the Community Support Line that have been available to people who were self-isolating due to Covid-19 have now stopped.
There is still help available to people living in the borough who are unable to rely on family, friends or other support networks to meet their essential needs:
Foodbank, Toiletries, School Uniforms, Baby and Toddler Bank
Help is available for people who experience financial difficulties and need help to get food, toiletries, school uniforms and baby products.
Applications can be made by telephone, online or by visiting Citizens Advice or the Wrekin Housing Group (if you are a Wrekin Housing Group tenant)
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Telford & Wrekin Council – 01952 380400
- Citizens Advice – 01952 567173
Weekdays after 5pm, weekends and bank holidays, contact Telford and Wrekin Interfaith Council
- Mobile: 07895395226 / 07545023519
Emergency Welfare Crisis Assistance
Help is available to residents who experience some type of crisis, disaster or unexpected emergency and need assistance or support that they cannot afford to keep them or their family safe and well
Telephone: 01952 380400
Prescription ordering and delivery:
Use the free NHS prescription delivery services or contact your GP and register for the free Medicine Delivery Service.
For internet users:
- visit the LloydsDirect website to order NHS prescriptions for free delivery
- visit the Boots pharmacy online website to order a repeat prescriptions
- visit the patient access website to book GP appointments and order prescriptions online.
- Pharmacy2U - Telephone 0113 2650222.
There will be a recorded message that asks you for your telephone number. Pharmacy2U will call you back to register for free meds deliveries.