The government has announced a further lockdown for England
Everyone is required to stay at home, except for a few very specific purposes:
- essential shopping
- for work, if you absolutely cannot work from home
- to seek medical assistance (including to get a Covid-19 test).
The Council is assisting businesses, including those required to close due to national restrictions or those who have been severely affected, to apply for Government grants, as well as to access additional funding that will be provided by the Government to councils.
Please note: that self-employed can now also apply for grants.
The Council will also be working with businesses that remain open to ensure they do so safely and in a COVID secure way to help keep businesses in borough as healthy as possible.
- Visit the GOV.UK website for information about the support available to businesses.
- Visit the GOV.UK website to find Coronavirus financial support for your business.
Rapid testing for business
One in three people who have COVID-19 show no symptoms – they are asymptomatic and this is what Rapid Testing is designed for.
Rapid testing complements the testing for people with COVID symptoms and aims to identify people with COVID that we don’t know about.
We are therefore encouraging people who need to leave home for work to book a rapid test regularly.
How can your business help?
Support us in finding positive cases so that the chains of transmission can be broken and we can continue to work towards returning to normal life as soon and as safely as possible.
Business Support team
Telephone: 01952 567589 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)
Grants / schemes / loans
- View information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Support Grants.
- View information about the Self Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
- View information about the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
- View information about the loans.
- View information about the other support for your business.
- View information about Self Employed Support information.
- View information about Job Support Scheme.
- View information about additional local support in Telford and Wrekin.
- View information about contracted suppliers.
- View information about business rates support.
- View useful links for businesses that need support.
- View information on rapid testing for business.