Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
Small and medium sized businesses can reclaim up to 2 weeks paid for staff sickness absence due to Coronavirus.
HMRC’s Time To Pay service
All businesses in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support through HMRC’s Time To Pay service:
Telephone: 0800 0159559.
Protection from eviction
Commercial tenants who cannot pay their rent because of coronavirus will be protected from eviction until 25 March 2022.
Tax cuts and deferrals
Updated March 2021
As announced at budget 2021, the government will be legislating to:
- extend the temporary reduced rate of VAT of 5% until 30 September 2021
- prepare for a new rate of 12.5% from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
The supplies to which the temporary reduced rates will apply remain the same.
The government made an announcement on 8 July 2020 allowing VAT registered businesses to apply a temporary 5% reduced rate of VAT to certain supplies relating to:
- hotel and holiday accommodation
- admissions to certain attractions.
The temporary reduced rate will apply to supplies that are made between 15 July 2020 and 31 March 2021.
These changes are being brought in as an urgent response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic to support businesses severely affected by forced closures and social distancing measures.
Pay your deferred VAT in full
If you were unable to pay in full by 31 March 2021, you may still be able to avoid being charged penalties or interest by either:
- joining the new payment scheme by 21 June 2021
- paying your deferred VAT in full by 30 June 2021 - visit the GOV.UK website to pay your VAT bill.
The VAT deferral new payment scheme is open from 23 February 2021 up to and including 21 June 2021.
The new scheme lets you:
- pay your deferred VAT in equal instalments, interest free
- choose the number of instalments, from 2 to 11 (depending on when you join).
Instalment options available to you
When you decide to join the scheme will determine the maximum number of instalments that are available to you.
The existing new style Jobseeker's Allowance may provide additional support depending on your national insurance record.
HMRC Payment Support Service
Call the Payment Support Service (PSS) if you cannot pay in full before your payment deadline. Anyone can use this service, not just businesses.
Telephone: 0300 200 3835
Opening times: Our phone line opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
- closed on weekends and bank holidays.
Last updated: 17/06/2021 15:12